Rae | A view from ASTP

8.01.2005

Creativity Block needs to break!

I really wish I had a little more art in middle/high school, it'd really have made my life for the last couple years a bit more easy.

I've been trying to come up with a layout for both the FPG and Digital Yearbook. I tried this weekend, and at present, the few shreds I've patched together look horrible, and are never going to see the light of day. I had a decent design going for the FPG at one point, but I think it needs work. And by work, I mean needs to be sent to the byte bucket in the sky and for me to completely start over.

While I'm on here whining about lack of creativity, I'll hand out a useful link or two.

Vanilla
  • An open source forum code that is based strictly on PHP/MySQL and CSS (I think it's even standards compliant) Don't ask me how to implement it, though. I'm still working on that part.


WordPress
  • WordPress is one of the more common blogging softwares avaliable. It comes with many templates, and you can create your own, add plugins, etc. You have a lot of control over what you do with it, so it's essentially possible to run any type of site using it as your foundation. You have to provide a domain that runs MySQL and PHP, but it really steps up the functionality of a blog.


That's all for now, folks. I'm going to try to get some more work done.

1 Comments:

  • Perhaps this is where a little help from your friends comes in... I'm wholly uncreative (in an artistic sense) as well, so I usually get Bret to create my images for me. ;) One neat thing in Photoshop where all those brushes and patterns... you might be able to build an interesting looking graphic just by playing w/ those elements.

    By Blogger Sarah, at 02 August, 2005 10:29  

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.



<< Home