Rae | A view from ASTP

8.08.2005

Calendar script

A major problem I've run into is how to generate a calendar.

The current calendar system for the zine, is that the webmaster (not me!) updates it about once a week by hand, with his abominable code. In addition to the main calendar, there is a small "This Week's Shows" section on the front page (displaying... you guessed it, the current week's shows), which is also updated by hand.

Does anyone know of a script online that can pull in dates and events from a database or flat file and output them?

I tried searching for one, but came up empty handed.

Also, if anyone has any ideas for how to structure one of my own, it'd be helpful, because I'm at a loss.

EDIT: I don't want to output a "calendar" like you'd see in a blog to choose a post date. I need something that will list, in text, a date, and then the shows/events for that day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.



<< Home