Rae | A view from ASTP

8.02.2005

Bad News for Both of my Projects

I just recieved an email from the HC ITS department:
Beginning July 1, 2005, ITS no longer provides server-side tools (programming or databases) for new student or organization Web sites. This is one of the services we were forced to cut due to a lack of resources to support it.

This essentially kills the basic structure of my sites. I can still go on, especially with the FPG site, but in the end it means more work for me as the webmaster. I'll have to find funding for the Digital Yearbook, which, may or may not be a problem depending on how stingy the Student Activites Board/Publications Board decides to be.


I'm still going to get workable scripts going, and get a non-database driven FPG site going.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.



<< Home